Where to Work in Danville, IN
For residents seeking employment, Danville, Indiana offers jobs that fit with a small town as well as a big city. Danville is just 20 miles from the city center of Indianapolis, so many choose to work in any of the thousands of jobs available in the south side of the City of Indianapolis.
Hendricks County has a population of 160,000 people, and as that number continues to grow the economy will keep producing more jobs and contribute further to a low unemployment rate. From 2010 to 2015, the area’s unemployment rate shrank from 7.9 percent to just 3.8 percent, and that has continued to drop to well below the state average.
Types of Business and Industry
There are plenty of industrial jobs available in small towns around Indianapolis, and the logistics and warehousing industries are some of the top employers in the area offering competitive starting wages and benefits. Other opportunities include Hendricks Regional Health and Q-edge Corp.
For every career, there are jobs available both in town as well as in Indianapolis, a short drive away for Danville, Indiana residents. The City of Danville makes it easy for people to search for and apply for City Government jobs, with a web page listing current job openings and displaying links to apply.
Some of Danville, Indiana’s biggest employers are:
- Mr. Electric (Plainfield)
- Amazon Fulfillment Ctr (Plainfield)
- Duke Energy Indiana Llc (Plainfield)
- Hendricks Regional Health (Danville)
- Q-edge Corp (Plainfield)
- Home Goods Distribution Ctr (Brownsburg)
- JC Penney Distribution Ctr (Plainfield)
- Guitar Center Distribution Ctr (Brownsburg)
- Sws Re-distribution Co Inc. (Plainfield)
- Walmart Distribution Ctr (Plainfield)